Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16U Tier II: Bobcats vs Coyotes
Who would you try out for, and why?
Go to Coyotes first, then do a walk in at Bobcats.
Coaching is generally better at Scottsdale. Another big factor is what group of kids and families you feel more comfortable being with for the next 11 months.

My son played for coach BM. He is not for everyone because he is intense but we have never had a coach who loved hockey and the kids more than him. Also you'll never have to worry about him missing skates. The guy lives at the rink. The bobcats coach will also be coaching the 18U team. It's not unrealistic to think he will have scheduling conflicts due to that fact.
Maybe talk to both and see who you click with more.
[quote pid="587" dateline="1620749252"]
Go to Coyotes first, then do a walk in at Bobcats.
Coaching is generally better at Scottsdale. Another big factor is what group of kids and families you feel more comfortable being with for the next 11 months.

My son played for coach BM. He is not for everyone because he is intense but we have never had a coach who loved hockey and the kids more than him.  Also you'll never have to worry about him missing skates.  The guy lives at the rink.  The bobcats coach will also be coaching the 18U team. It's not unrealistic to think he will have scheduling conflicts due to that fact.
Maybe talk to both and see who you click with more.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  

Bobcats are still in NAPHL this year.  Anyone know where the Jr Coyotes playing?
Jr Coyotes Tier II teams will typically pick their own tourneys. Think CCM, Canam. NAPHL will have you in Blaine and/or Dallas every month.
Both will play the in state t2 league. Should be some good talent spread around town with the (correct) decision to just have one tier 1 org in Arizona.
good luck on whatever you decide
Did you decide on a team?
Son chose to tryout for the Jr Coyotes and got an invite.  I watched a couple Bobcats tryouts as well.  Lots of talent, some clear AAA players dropping down, and plenty of talent on both squads assuming coaches picked right.  Should be a good year for AZ T2.
(05-18-2021, 06:25 PM)Guest Wrote: Son chose to tryout for the Jr Coyotes and got an invite.  I watched a couple Bobcats tryouts as well.  Lots of talent, some clear AAA players dropping down, and plenty of talent on both squads assuming coaches picked right.  Should be a good year for AZ T2.

Sounds like you made the right choice. I haven't seen the rosters yet but the 2005 Bobcat team has been in need of an overhaul for quite some time.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)