Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15O & U16 Jr Coyotes
Big congratulations to the 15O and 16U Jr Coyotes teams on representing desert hockey and winning the Tier1 league championships.
Many of these boys are going elsewhere next year for the next step so it's nice to see them keeping their foot on the throttle and taking care of business. On to nationals!
They go to districts first genius. Do they have districts for your other kid’s house team?
Indeed, congrats to the AAA teams. Nice to see CAHA's investment in "Elite" players pay off while completely ignoring their travel and AA programs.

"Many of these boys are going elsewhere next year"... they all end up in the beer leagues. Wisest advice I ever received as a hockey parent.
Chicken or egg. Do they keep importing kids from out of state because they're incapable of developing kids, or do good players want to move here to play because the development is so great?
Kids are coming to Phoenix for hockey development? News to me. I mean, I know over the last couple of years with the Covid migration kids are moving here because their parents are moving here and we are importing lots of good players as a result, but I'd be surprised if anyone is coming here solely for development unless they are from Texas or Vegas. Conversely, I know several Bantams and early Midgets over the last few years that leave the area to get that next level of development.
TPH at Ice Den Scottsdale is a good option for players looking for development, assuming parents are ok with their academic model.
[quote pid="781" dateline="1646349660"]
TPH at Ice Den Scottsdale is a good option for players looking for development, assuming parents are ok with their academic model.
[/quote]

Riiiiight. I'm sure that's a top-notch academic facility. If I were to send my kids there, they would need to know that this hockey thing better work out.
I can be convinced otherwise if you can dig up a Greatschools page.
The consolidation to one Arizona AAA team per birth year should help with keeping local players represented on the team, just as its done in Dallas/Texas. In the past with the lack of AAA talent in town, there was no other way to fill rosters than to recruit outside.
[quote pid="781" dateline="1646349660"]
[/quote]

I believe Oceanside is doing something similar with PEP Academy without the academics.  Interesting how these businesses that focus on hockey development have customers lining up to use them.
Big congrats to the 16U Coyotes, but what happened to Arizona's darlings, the 15O team at districts?
Last place? This team was supposed to be national championship caliber.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)