Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15O & U16 Jr Coyotes
DYHA PEP Academy partners with ASU’s remote, asynchronous K-12 ASU Prep Digital.  Even though my wife and I are products of catholic high schools, and my kid went K-8 at a catholic school, we pulled him out of the catholic HS in North Scottsdale and I am really, really glad we did.  

I recommend the *free to-AZ residents* ASUPD program to anyone with a kid that can semi-independently manage responsibilities; athlete or not.  The support staff and faculty are phenomenal.  The flexibility to travel early for hockey weekends and return late is wonderful.  Kid has a 4.0, even completed half his classes 2 months early.  On ice lessons mid-morning, lunch at the gym with a personal trainer and evening yoga sessions - not possible in a day-school.  

Every kid is different, I get it - but for our son, ASUPD has been an incredible experience that I never would have seriously considered if not for DYHA’s PEP Academy.
I just can't see AAHA allowing another AAA program until the Jr Coyotes show they can compete nationally. The 16U team was pretty fortunate to make nationals, having lost to Dallas in the tournament yet getting another shot and squeaking by them. Right now the bar in Rocky Mountain District is Dallas, and Arizona is trying to demonstrate they can put out teams that can compete with Dallas and then nationally. Otherwise players are going to continue to leave the area for Cali and TX and CO for better development opportunities. Now, I don't agree with that, I would rather see the associations that show they can develop players field the AAA teams, but the decision has been made that CAHA is associated with an NHL team so they get the AAA team.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)