Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jr Coyotes Tier 1
Congrats to those who have been selected for CAHA AAAs for the upcoming season.
Wishing you a fun first set of practices with your teammates and oblivious filler kids this weekend!
So does AAHA just turn a blind eye to the AAA tryouts that just happened over the last month? I mean its not a secret the AAA players and invitees are skating three times a week and its the actual tryout.

Frustrating that's ok, yet Bobcats playing NAPHL Tier I and doing well gets you a fine. Smh. I wonder if they fined Bobcats 18AA for winning Nattys.
[quote pid="862" dateline="1651780317"]
So does AAHA just turn a blind eye to the AAA tryouts that just happened over the last month?  I mean its not a secret the AAA players and invitees are skating three times a week and its the actual tryout. 

Frustrating that's ok, yet Bobcats playing NAPHL Tier I and doing well gets you a fine.  Smh.  I wonder if they fined Bobcats 18AA for winning Nattys.
[/quote]

"Frustrating that's ok, yet Bobcats playing NAPHL Tier I and doing well gets you a fine. Smh. I wonder if they fined Bobcats 18AA for winning Nattys."

They probably did or at least will want to. Sad that an organization that can field talent is not allowed to showcase it. Guess AAHA and Coyotes are scared of competition.
Bobcats are better off as AA. They’ve rarely been competitive at any age group at T1.
We’re getting there with population growth, but there just aren’t enough hockey kids in town yet to support another aaa team. It’s a great option for kids in the southeast valley whose parents don’t want to drive to Scottsdale or even Tempe 5 days a week to play good competitive T2 hockey.
?? well given the Bobcats won the 18U and 14U tier 1 division the last year they had tier 1 (20-21 season) I do not think your claim is valid. Sounds to me like the Jr Coyotes were a bit butt hurt that year and didn’t want to face the reality that the Bobcats were/are a better program.
The finalists are announced. Lists were probably typed up sometime last week. Smile
https://www.jrcoyotes.org/page/show/4068977-tryouts
(05-06-2022, 09:38 PM) Wrote: ?? well given the Bobcats won the 18U and 14U tier 1 division the last year they had tier 1 (20-21 season) I do not think your claim is valid. Sounds to me like the Jr Coyotes were a bit butt hurt that year and didn’t want to face the reality that the Bobcats were/are a better program.

Exactly. The Bobcats traditionally have had the stronger collection of Tier I programs and just overall in Arizona, and they have a solid reputation nationally. DYHA threw a monkey wrench in Tier I when they started offering Tier I teams, as there's just not the talent for three programs across the board. Not DYHA's fault, they are very competitive as well, and I would have done the same in their shoes. But we can have two tier programs per age group in the area, perhaps Jr Coyotes can focus on the younger end (since they are not interested in Midget development) and Bobcats/DYHA can focus on Midget. But that would take AAHA to do the right thing for the players and unfortunately the last few years have seen a major regression in the leadership of AAHA. They seem to be more about themselves than they are the players. They need to follow the AHSHA model which seems to continuously evolve for the betterment of the players.

The Jr Coyotes need to realize they are now the stewards of elite hockey in all of Arizona, not just the rich Paradise Valley donors to the Jr Coyotes program and not just the players that have played in the org for years. Right now that's happening on a case by case basis depending on coach. There's a reason the strong Bobcats 04s didn't even bother trying out for 18AAA this year given their daddy coach's reputation being about his kid and kid's friends. They have a new 16U coach so will see if bringing an outsider in helps things.

If this trend of not being open and not getting the right players on AZ's Tier I teams continues (it's only been one year) then we'll see AZ hockey going the route of California, where orgs like San Diego and Burbank and GSE created such great AA programs that AAA players left the Jr Ducks and Jr Kings and Jr Sharks for those programs. California has seen this pattern and has now opened up Tier I to more than just the NHL-named programs - they have 6 AAA teams at 16U and 18U next year and 7 at 15O. All because Jr Ducks, Jr Kings, and Jr Sharks played politics instead of catering to players, and players left to the non-political organizations.

Would love to see next year's Bobcats 18AA team play Jr Yotes 18AAA.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)